Department of NRES Department of NRES home Department of NRES
Give to NRES

Declaring an NRES Minor

Once you have decided to pursue one of the NRES minors, you will need to complete the following steps:

  1. Review the rules and instructions for declaring a minor at the Provost's website.
  2. Complete the NRES minor application form (pdf).
  3. Complete the Statement of Intent to Pursue a Campus - Approved Minor (pdf).
  4. Bring this form and the Statement of Intent (pdf), completed and signed, to NRES Student Services in N-509 Turner Hall (1102 S. Goodwin Ave., Urbana) or e-mail scans to NRES Student Services (  If you need assistance or advising, you can reach us at by e-mail or 217-333-5824.

If you are accepted into the NRES minor, a departmental authorized signature will be provided on your Statement of Intent, which you will turn into the academic office of your home college.

If you need to request to substitute a course in your minor, use the Minor Modification Form (pdf).