Each of these options has a set of requirements that ensure students demonstrate an understanding and application of the scientific process, skills in the analysis and interpretation of relevant scientific information, and proficiency in communicating scientific information.
Students must demonstrate these skills and understanding across four main study areas; Statistics and Research Design, Spatial Analysis Modeling, Ecosystem Science and Conservation Biology, and Human Dimensions of the Environment, Stewardship, and Management.
Before you begin working on your individual research project, you need your Research Director and committee (Piper Hodson and one other faculty member) in place. Use this list of faculty to contact faculty members whose expertise is relevant to your project.
Capstone Individual Research Project (NRES 503)
- Independent Research Capstone Readiness Self-Assessment
- Independent Research Capstone Student Responsibilities
- Individual Research Project Flowchart
- Sample Individual Research Projects
- Final Steps toward graduation Individual Research Project
Capstone Internship Experience (NRES 505)
- Internship Capstone Readiness Self-Assessment
- Internship Capstone Student Responsibilities
- Internship Flowchart
- Sample Internship Experiences
- Internship Final Steps Toward Graduation
Capstone Group Research Project (NRES 507)
- Capstone readiness for a Group Capstone Project varies with the project and is determined by the application process for each group project.
- Student responsibilities in a Group Capstone Project are determined by the faculty member leading the project.
- Group Research Project Flowchart
- Group Research Project Final Steps toward graduation