No matter your financial situation, we are dedicated to making college as affordable as possible.
The College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) also awards nearly $3.5 million in scholarships to ACES students, including scholarships for both incoming and returning students. There are also scholarships available to support international experiences.
To learn more about need-based financial aid, please visit the University of Illinois Office of Student Financial Aid.
NRES offers a number of scholarships for continuing undergraduate students.
Those who are eligible to apply receive application instructions via e-mail in February of each year. Questions about NRES scholarships should be directed to email@example.com. Please note that scholarship awards and amounts may vary from year to year based on fluctuations in the endowments.
NRES is occasionally informed of scholarships for students with an environmental focus that are offered by other organizations.
- Elmhurst Garden Club College Scholarship for Illinois Residents. Elmhurst Scholarship Application here.
- The Fence Authority Scholarship for students pursuing a Bachelor's degree related to profession that is deadicated to improving the beautification of US communities, including environmental sciences.
- Friends of Volo Bog Scholarships for residents of the following Illinois counties: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will
- The Garden Club of America offers numerous scholarship in a number of NRES-related areas
- Illinois Conservation Foundation Youth Achievement Scholarships for Illinois residents
- IEPA/ILMA Scholarship Program offered by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency and the Illinois Lake Management Association for students attending an Illinois college or university or any Illinois resident attending a college or university in Indiana, Minnesota, Ohio, or Wisconsin
- Illinois Lake Management Association offers the Undergraduate/Graduate Scholarship and the Robert Esser Student Achievement Scholarship.
- IMTT/Glenwood Lodge Scholarship is offered by the Illinois Muskie Tournament Trail to students majoring in the fisheries/biology field, so NRES students concentrating in Fish and Wildlife Conservation are likely to be the most competitive.
- Illinois Water Environment Association Scholarship for Illinois residents or students attending an accredited Illinois college or university
- Izaak Walton League of America Conservation Scholarship supports rising junior and senior college undergraduates from recognized conservation or environment-related degree programs.
- Leopold Education Project Scholarship Program offered by the Soil & Water Conservation Districts of Northeastern Illinois for residents of the following Illinois counties: Boone, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, Will, and Winnebago.
- Solid Waste Association of North America Land of Lincoln Chapter offers a scholarship for an Illinois resident or graduate of an Illinois high school majoring in environmental science, engineering or related studies at an accredited college.
- EnvironmentalScience.org maintains a list of scholarships in environmental sciences.
- Good360 offers a merit scholarship for students interested in sustainability. Please note that this scholarship requires the applicant to post to social media identifying the organization in order to apply.