- Complete at least nine credit hours
- Take courses for academic credit and earn a "B" or better for all courses
- Please see the list below for specific course requirements for each certificate specialization
Coursework cannot be used to qualify for multiple certificates but can count towards an Online Master's Degree.
- Complete NRES 474 Soil and Water Conservation (3 Hours)
- Complete two approved graduate-level courses. Approved graduate-level courses that meet this requirement are:
- NRES 438 Soil Nutrient Cycling (3 Hours)
- NRES 488 Soil Fertility and Fertilizers (3 Hours)
- NRES 586 Soil Organic Matter (4 Hours)
- Other courses as approved by the certificate advisor.
- For students wishing to complete both the soil and water certificates, NRES 474 will count for the specific required course for both certificates, but students will only earn the second certificate by completing a third course from the list of approved graduate-level courses.
Availability of Courses
The courses listed in these certificate requirements are all available online to non-degree-seeking students. Click here for the most up-to-date information about when each NRES course will next be available online.
Estimated tuition and fees for the Professional Development Certificate depend on the number of courses and hours taken. See Illinois Online for tuition and fee information.